Kids Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Classes
Why Jiu Jitsu
GRACIE JIU JITSU, also generically called Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, is a martial art that focuses on leverage and technique to defend against a larger and stronger attacker.
As a proud affiliate of the Pedro Sauer Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association, our kids classes follow a similar class schedule to our youth classes but at a pace and level of detail more appropriate to kids. Most classes also include “games” that are fun for kids but also reinforce Jiu Jitsu principles and help them learn how to move, maintain balance, and defend themselves. We also emphasize anti-bullying techniques and strategies to help them address the challenges life may present. These classes are ideal for kids from 4-9yrs old.
2 Classes per Week
4 Classes per Week
Drop-In per Class
One of the pillars of GRACIE JIU JITSU is the philosophy of Jiu Jitsu. It is often said that Jiu Jitsu is life. As we learn how to apply self defense techniques properly, we begin to understand the value of leverage and approaching problems and bullies indirectly and with technique, instead of head on. Our curriculum supports this philosophy and gives opportunities in each class to reinforce these principles and learn in greater detail how “Jiu Jitsu is Life!”
Our kids adhere to our Anti-Bully Rules of Engagement:
1. Always avoid the fight if possible.
2. We have a right to defend ourselves if physically attacked.
3. Using verbal Jiu Jitsu means we tell the bully to stop, we tell a teacher and parent we are being bullied and if the bully doesn’t stop we tackle.
4. Always get a dominant position and negotiate.
5. Always apply submissions with minimal force.